Here’s an easy recipe for bibingka. It’s the one my mom used to make and it’s an interesting mix of flavors.
1 cup Japanese sweet rice flour (Mochiko is the preferred brand)
1 cup sugar (you can reduce this amount if you want)
1 cup evaporated milk or coconut milk
1/2 stick butter (at room temperature)
1 tbsp baking powder
Parmesan cheese or fresh grated coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and use a hand or stand mixer and mix thoroughly.
- Add mixture to a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick to see if the cake is done.
- If you want, sprinkle Parmesan cheese or grated coconut on top of the cake about 10 minutes before it’s finished cooking.
- Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature before serving.