It’s the season for giving, and this year, I’ve donated some prizes to support Menu for Hope, an annual fundraiser started by Pim Techamuanvivit of Chez Pim that benefits the UN World Food Programme (WFP). Menu for Hope starts today, December 14, and runs through Christmas.
Proceeds from this year’s effort will benefit the WFP’s Purchase for Progress (P4P) program. P4P enables small-holder and low-income farmers to supply food to WFP’s global operation. P4P helps farmers improves farming practices and puts more cash directly into their pockets in return for their crops. This will also help buoy local economy by creating jobs and income locally. We food bloggers understand the importance of buying locally and supporting our local farms, P4P helps do the same for farmers in low income countries around the world.
How Can You Participate?
It’s easy. Buy a raffle ticket. Each virtual raffle ticket is $10, and you can buy tickets for the prize(s) of your choice. If you want to buy multiple tickets for a specific prize, you can do that too. At the end of the two-week campaign, raffle tickets are drawn and the results announced are on Chez Pim.
Here are the prizes I’m offering:
(UW27) Signed Ad Hoc at Home cookbook and dinner for two at Ad Hoc
Cookbook signed by Chef Thomas Keller and Ad Hoc Chef de Cuisine Dave Cruz and dinner for two at Ad Hoc (beverages, gratuity, and tax not included). You should bid on this item only if you plan on being in the Yountville sometime in 2010. :)
(UW28) Signed Ad Hoc at Home cookbook
Cookbook signed by Chef Thomas Keller and Ad Hoc Chef de Cuisine Dave Cruz.
Ad Hoc at Home is hard to find right now as it is basically sold out until February. Bid today for your chance to get a copy signed by Chefs Keller and Cruz. Thanks to Ad Hoc General Manager Nick Dedier for donating both of these prizes.
(UW29) Signed Under Pressure cookbook
Cookbook signed by Chef Thomas Keller. Perfect for the Thomas Keller-phile or if you want to learn all about sous vide cooking.
(UW30) Signed Momofuku cookbook
Cookbook signed by Chef David Chang and co-author Peter Meehan. This is one of my favorite cookbooks of the year, as evidenced by my series of posts known as Momofuku Week. :)
To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle
For as little as a single $10 donation, you can own a signed copy of one of these great cookbooks. Here’s how it works.
- Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list.
- Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice.
- Please specify which bid item you’d like in the Personal Message section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
“number of tickets” x “item code”2x UW27, 3xUW29.
- In the U.S., if your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
- Check Chez Pim on Monday January 18 for the results of the raffle.
Please support Menu for Hope by buying a raffle ticket for these or some of the other prizes that are being offered. For more information on Menu for Hope, including a complete list of prizes, visit Chez Pim.
Happy Holidays from Inuyaki!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ad Hoc Block Party on Oct. 9 to Benefit Clinic Olé
- Street Cart Wars to Benefit SF Food Bank
- Blog Away Hunger / Help Haiti