My friend Maria was in town on business, which gave us another excuse to go to Ad Hoc. I learned there were some issues with the menu on this night. Originally, the main course was supposed to be veal osso buco, but by the time we arrived for our 9pm reservation, the main course was prime New York steak. Apparently the osso buco wasn’t up to standard and they made some changes on the fly. A coworker who had been there earlier in the evening said he was served pork belly and that they made the menu change after the first table had received their osso buco.
While I was bummed about not being able to get my hands on some osso buco, the steak was really good. But the revelation of the meal was the Heirloom Tomato Salad—thick, juicy, and meaty tomatoes with mixed greens and kernels of Brentwood corn.
Can’t wait to go back in August when my sister-in-law comes to town.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Pulled Pork Adobo Sandwich at Cafe Gabriela – Oakland, CA
- Ad Hoc Block Party on Oct. 9 to Benefit Clinic Olé
- Eating Downtown Oakland – Cam Huong and Battambang
- Know Your Ribeye, a.k.a. New Year’s Eve at Ad Hoc
- The French Laundry (with an Ad Hoc chaser)