I found this recipe in an article on SFGate.com while putzing around the Web. It’s from Tita’s Hale ‘Aina restaurant in San Francisco, but they closed a couple years ago. Don’t see why their recipe shouldn’t be shared with the world, so here it is.
3 pounds boneless pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 bay leaf, crushed
1 tablespoon crushed dried red chiles
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic or glass container. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Transfer the pork and its marinade to a Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for 15 minutes longer, until the liquid has evaporated and the pork is lightly browned. Serve with rice.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Mom’s Leche Flan (Instant Pot Version)
- Froot Loops Cereal Milk Philippine Ice Candy
- Tocino and Blue Potato Hash
- A Pie for Mikey…and Moses
- Puto Bumbong