Recipe courtesy of Toni’s Garden.
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef 15% fat (anything less than that is too dry and has no flavor)
1/2 lb. ground pork
2-3 cloves of garlic chopped fine or pressed
1/2 cup grated romano cheese (good cheese is a requirement, no cheating here)
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
1 cup dried plain breadcrumbs (home made if possible)
just a couple of grindings of black pepper—not too much at all
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour breadcrumbs over the top of the meat mixture and sprinkle with a little water to moisten, about 1/4 cup.
- Mix together until combined.
- Roll 1-inch diameter meatballs with your hands. If you want to make them more uniform, use a 1-inch scoop.
- Place all the meatballs evenly spaced in a baking dish and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until brown.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Mom’s Leche Flan (Instant Pot Version)
- Froot Loops Cereal Milk Philippine Ice Candy
- Tocino and Blue Potato Hash
- A Pie for Mikey…and Moses
- Thanksgiving Turkey with Kikkoman & the Sous Vide Supreme